cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get emails (V3) doesn't work with shared mailbox?

Hi all, 

I was trying to build a flow that uses trigger When a new email arrives (V3) to create an item in the SharePoint list when the email arrives in the shared mailbox. The trigger never fired unfortunately and I never to test the flow. 

Then I created Get emails (V3) from my shared mailbox and noticed that the flow could find any emails there. However, there are a few emails there, which be shown in the Outputs part of the flow, right? Does it mean that there something wrong with SharedMailbox? Are there some restriction, issues with access permissions? 

GetEmails flow outputGetEmails flow outputSharedMailbox InboxSharedMailbox Inbox

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Instead of using the When a new email arrives (V3) trigger you need to use the one for a shared mailbox.  'When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)'.  You can't use the triggers and actions for a regular mailbox on a shared mailbox.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

When you test an automated trigger manually it can take up to about 5 minutes before the flow runs.  Did you save the flow before testing?  It will save the flow when you test it automatically, but that can also lead to delay.

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Instead of using the When a new email arrives (V3) trigger you need to use the one for a shared mailbox.  'When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)'.  You can't use the triggers and actions for a regular mailbox on a shared mailbox.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @Pstork1 . Noted.

However, it doesn't fix a problem. I observed when I click to test the flow manually, it never finishes. All I see is a spinning loading icon. When I send an email to the SharedMailbox, the flow does not trigger. Perhaps there is a way to troubleshoot such an issue? Is it normal that it take longer to get triggered?

image.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

When you test an automated trigger manually it can take up to about 5 minutes before the flow runs.  Did you save the flow before testing?  It will save the flow when you test it automatically, but that can also lead to delay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 , thank you again! I see. That what has happened. The flow takes around 5min until it is triggered. Perhaps there are sine tools that help to monitor flow's activity when a user tries to trigger it manually?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you look at the prompt when you test it you will see that you still need to send the email to trigger the flow.  Once you have a flow run you can re-run it automatically after changing it using input from a previous flow.  That happens quickly.  but the first run uses the timing of the regular trigger which can take a while.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Noted. Just to clarify, do you mean, we can use Command Prompt to monitor flow? Or what does it mean to look at the prompt?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

No you can't monitor the flow with a Command Prompt.  But when you manually test a flow with an automated trigger you will see something like the following.  I've highlighted the prompt I am talking about.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,250)