cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenVitug
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Get file content and sending it as email attachment is not sending the complete data rows

the flow inserts rows into an excel file.  after which, this file needs to be attached to an email.

1. Get file metadata, 2. Get file content   3. send email w/ attachment.  successful email sends the excel file as attachment but some rows are missing.  Why is this happening ?  It is sending the old rows prior to the insertion of the rows in the current run (for example, prior to running, there are 4 rows, then this current run inserts 2 rows, the file attached contains the old 4 rows, not including the 2 new rows).

here's screenshot of the flow.

Flow_Getfilecontent incomplete as email attacment.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @JenVitug 

Could you add a "delay" step before getting the file content of about 30 seconds? Probably you have to wait a little bit before getting the updated contents.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JenVitug,

I agree with @fchopo, the reason of the issue most likely due to the Excel file just inserted two rows hasn't updated in SharePoint, so you should add a delay action between insert rows action and Get file content action to wait for the file has time to update.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @JenVitug 

Could you add a "delay" step before getting the file content of about 30 seconds? Probably you have to wait a little bit before getting the updated contents.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo   i'll try that and see if it works 🙂 🐶

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JenVitug,

I agree with @fchopo, the reason of the issue most likely due to the Excel file just inserted two rows hasn't updated in SharePoint, so you should add a delay action between insert rows action and Get file content action to wait for the file has time to update.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,522)