cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristianpeterse
Frequent Visitor

Get file content using path (From shared Onedrive)

Hello, 

I am in the process of building a flow that copies microsoft form responses and creates a sharepoint list containing the answers, everything related to this works fine. 

However i would also like to add Forms attachments to the sharepoint list 

I have tried following a guide i found which uses the "get file content using path" action for OneDrive, however the form is a group form, and thereby the files attached are stored on a Shared library, when i try to refer to the shared library i get the error "Path not found"

Udklipflow.PNG

Is it not possible to get file content using path for shared libraries? 

Thanks in advance 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@Kristianpeterse I think I can now answer your question. "Is it not possible to get file content using path for shared libraries? "

With reference to the Error, It seems that it is not possible to use Get file content anyone except the user whose One Drive account is being used.

Can you please review this link for a workaround. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/404-item-not-found-error-when-other-user-... 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Hey @Kristianpeterse

You mentioned that "The files are stored on my sharepoint already,  just not linked to the exact survey response and list containing the answers". 

Will it a possibility to be the files directly from SharePoint using SharePoint 'Get file content using Path' by passing the filename dynamically?

10 REPLIES 10
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@Kristianpeterse Instead of using the "Get File using Path" can you try using "Get File Content" and pass the ID.

CFernandes_0-1600088843796.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Now i get the error 

"status": 400,
  "message": "The provided item ID is not valid for the requested drive",
  "source": "api.connectorp.svc.ms"

Also ill add a bit more pictures of my flow 

flow1.JPG

flow2.JPG

flow3.JPG

any further suggestions :)?

@Kristianpeterse I think I can now answer your question. "Is it not possible to get file content using path for shared libraries? "

With reference to the Error, It seems that it is not possible to use Get file content anyone except the user whose One Drive account is being used.

Can you please review this link for a workaround. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/404-item-not-found-error-when-other-user-... 

@CFernandes 

Thanks a lot for the replies

thats bummer, i see the work-around solution in the post you are referencing

However im not sure i know exactly what he means by "As a temporary workaround, you can create a SharePoint list which stores this unique identifier along with the name of that file and while running the flow you can get the id from this newly created SharePoint list"

So does he suggest that you create an actual sharepoint list which you then update in the flow with the information from the Json parse? and then add attachment with the colummns from the new sharepoint list?

im a bit new to this world, he makes it sound like an easy fix - i just cant visualize it 

Also, the files are stored on my sharepoint already,  just not linked to the exact survey response and list containing the answers

Hey @Kristianpeterse

You mentioned that "The files are stored on my sharepoint already,  just not linked to the exact survey response and list containing the answers". 

Will it a possibility to be the files directly from SharePoint using SharePoint 'Get file content using Path' by passing the filename dynamically?

well well, now i just feel stupid haha!!

I tried using the "get file content" from SP - unsuccesfully 

I then tried the "get file content using path" from sharpoint, and that solved my problem..

Thankyou so much 🙂 

@Kristianpeterse  I am glad that your problem is resolved.. 🙂

jtao
Helper I
Helper I

I have the exact issue using Get file content using path for shared onedrive.  How did you specify the "File Path" for shared onedrive to get it working ?

I still have no clue after reading the workaround article.
How to specify Get file content using path for shared onedriveHow to specify Get file content using path for shared onedrive

I found the answer.  Since this is the group MS forms, it stores the upload files to Sharepoint document library.  I had to use SHAREPOINT - Get file content using path instead of Onedrive - Get file content using path.

Magra
Frequent Visitor

Since the file is not on your own Onedrive, try the "get file content using path" action for Sharepoint instead. That worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,458)