cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get file properties is failin "Unauthorized"

I am trying to build a munally started approval process for which i am apprently required to use a get file property function first in order to later be able to access and update some properties ( for status visualization). Right now i am facing the issue, that my get properties function is failng leaving me with this error message:

{"error_description":"Exception of type 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.AudienceUriValidationFailedException' was thrown."}

According to the troubleshooting tips it's supposed to be solved by refreshing the connectors.... but mine are all working well.Capture.PNG

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Get file properties is failin "Unauthorized"

Hi @Anonymous,

I afraid that your flow failed because of an authentication error.

In many cases, flows fail because of an authentication error. If you have this type of error, the error message contains Unauthorizedor an error code of 401 or 403 appears. You can usually fix an authentication error by updating the connection:

1. At the top of the web portal, click or tap the gear icon to open the Settings menu, and then click or tap Connections.

2. Scroll to the connection for which you saw the Unauthorized error message.

3. Next to the connection, click or tap the Verify password link in the message about the connection not being authenticated.

4. Verify your credentials by following the instructions that appear, return to your flow-run failure, and then click or tap Resubmit.

The flow should now run as expected.

As is refered in the link below for troubleshooting a flow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/fix-flow-failures

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey@

thank you for your swift reply.

I found that troubleshooting as well but all required connections seem to be working resp. have stauts connected. As they are all connected there is no 'verify password option'.

That's why i was hoping to find a solution on here.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm having the same issue.  Also, I have it sporadically in the same flow instance that runs in an Apply to Each loop.  I have it looping through the documents and getting the file properties of each.  In my example, out of 400+ files, I was "unauthorized" to get the properties of 3 or 4 of them.  

Could these be locked for editing by a user maybe?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,366)