cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsabi
Helper II
Helper II

Get file properties - remove the ID field

I came across a "Get file properties" without the mandatory ID field (see image below) and I am trying to replicate it with no success.

This is inside an Apply to each action and immediately preceded by a "Compose" action.
Can anyone figure out how this can be done? Thanks.

get file properties.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ramsabi,

Can you check the operationid value of the inputs of the action? Does it say GetFileItem?

operationid_inputs.png

It looks a lot like the Get files (properties only) action btw (the operationid of that one is GetFileItems).

Wow you hit the nail on the head. It says GetFileItems (see image below). How do I change it?

Get File Properties 2.jpg

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ramsabi,

You just need to replace your current action by the actual get file properties action. You might need to change other bits as well in the rest of your flow.

Thank you. I am using the actual "Get file properties" action. Please see image below. There is only one isn't it? What am I missing?
Get file properties 3.jpg

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ramsabi,

Yes, you should be using the second one if you want to retrieve a single file based on an ID.

Btw, it's hard to tell why your flow is a GetFileItems instead. But if I would have to guess I would put my money on somebody just renaming the flow action?

ramsabi
Helper II
Helper II

Exactly what I thought. But Get files (properties only) is also available. So, I am wondering what could have been renamed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,722)