cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Durrans
Level: Powered On

Get files (properties only) - ODATA filter query to retrieve files within just one folder?

Hello,

I need the Get files (properties only) step of my flow to only retrieve properties of files held in one folder of my SharePoint library.

I can select site and library but to narrow it down any further it looks like I have to use the ODATA Filter Query and I don't know what I need to write to achieve this!!

FLOWGETFILES.PNG

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Natasha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Durrans

Re: Get files (properties only) - ODATA filter query to retrieve files within just one folder?

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

No problem, I managed to fix it another way by filtering on the contents of one of the columns. One of the coulmns I have in that library is only populated for files in that folder so I managed to get it working that way.

I used the following filter query:

Document_x0020_Type eq 'Insurance'

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get files (properties only) - ODATA filter query to retrieve files within just one folder?

Hi @Durrans,

Do you want to get the files in a subfolder under the library? I am afraid that it is not possible to retrieve files within just a specific folder using Flow. It seems that subfolder cannot be detected by Flow.

If you would like this feature, please consider submitting your request on Flow Ideas Forum at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Durrans

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

No problem, I managed to fix it another way by filtering on the contents of one of the columns. One of the coulmns I have in that library is only populated for files in that folder so I managed to get it working that way.

I used the following filter query:

Document_x0020_Type eq 'Insurance'

View solution in original post

Gangula

Hey @Durrans, I'm having a similar issue. Can you please elaborate on your solution. I need to filter out only a specific folder in a Library. IF I add a column name "Filter" in that folder and populate all the respective rows to the value "yes", what would the filter query be?

Durrans

Hi @Gangula,  

For that I would suggest writing the following in the Filter Query: 

Filter eq 'yes' 

I believe that would narrow the files retrieved to just those with the Filter set to 'yes'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,661)