Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xxxxmints
Helper IV
Helper IV

Get files (properties only) and update file properties not updating all files

Hello,

My flow is working only for some files in the library, not sure why only some files are being updated and not others. 

Using recurrence once a day, I update the CurrentTime field with the Current time action, using Compose: 

formatDateTime(body('Current_time'),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Files are located in folders and subfolders (not my choice), but that doesn't seem to have any bearing on which files are updated.

Here is my flow if anyone can help me, I'd be grateful. The 'Permissions' field is a single text field for something else, so that would not effect the flow.

2020-07-02 11_19_02-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png2020-07-02 11_19_38-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Thanks for your help 🙂

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JisungHan
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xxxxmints ,

Would you please confirm how many items are in the SP Library?

If the items are too many, it can reach out to limits/throttling from Power automate or SharePoint API.

If the items are less than 600 items but the issue happens, please raise a support ticket to look into the backend trace whether this is API limitation issue or throttling: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

View solution in original post

Hi there,

There are only about 40 docs in the library.

Disappointed I have to put in a ticket, that will take days.

M

Hi @xxxxmints ,

Now I understood the whole issue. The Get files default limitation is 100 items and it should be extended manually. The maximum value is 5000:

JisungHan_0-1593674053035.png

[Ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/business-apps/power-automate/guidance/working-with-g...]

Please extend the Top Count value above and test it again. It will work as expected.

Best regards,
Jisung Han

8 REPLIES 8
JisungHan
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xxxxmints ,

Would you please confirm how many items are in the SP Library?

If the items are too many, it can reach out to limits/throttling from Power automate or SharePoint API.

If the items are less than 600 items but the issue happens, please raise a support ticket to look into the backend trace whether this is API limitation issue or throttling: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

Hi there,

There are only about 40 docs in the library.

Disappointed I have to put in a ticket, that will take days.

M

Hi @xxxxmints ,

Only 40 documents will not reach any throttling and limits.

Please check the following three things:

1. Would you please check whether the files have some regulations? For example, Text files work but binary files(non-text files) don't work

2. Whether the 40 files came from the "Get Items" and the "apply to each" performs the 40 files?

3. In the Apply to each, are there any failures or all the steps performed as success?

Hi there

All docs are excel spreadsheets.

Not sure what you mean by question 2.

There are no failures in the apply to each.

In the Get files (properties only), I tested it by selecting just one folder in the library and the flow worked for all files, ie. it applied the current date in the CurrentDate field.

I don't have errors, it just misses some files.

Thanks.

Hi @xxxxmints ,

Does it mean that if you specify a specific folder all the files in the folder will be updated but if you leave the following option as blank, some items updated but some items didn't update?

JisungHan_0-1593669481617.png

If this is true, it might be a bug or something else.

For the second question, I asked to confirm whether the Excel file counts and the "Apply to each" run counts in the run history are the same. For example, the following list has 5 items and run count is 5:

JisungHan_1-1593669943553.png

Would you please confirm this count? 

Hi again

Your first question - yes.

Your second question. In the doc library (in content settings) it says there are 180 docs (slightly more than 40 sorry). And the run count only shows up to 100.

2020-07-02 16_44_36-Run History _ Power Automate.png

Hi @xxxxmints ,

Now I understood the whole issue. The Get files default limitation is 100 items and it should be extended manually. The maximum value is 5000:

JisungHan_0-1593674053035.png

[Ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/business-apps/power-automate/guidance/working-with-g...]

Please extend the Top Count value above and test it again. It will work as expected.

Best regards,
Jisung Han

Thank you, that worked!

I'm very grateful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,905)