cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoniR
Frequent Visitor

Get image source from rich text editor in SharePoint online and send in email body

hello eveybody and thank you in advance for your assistance.

I took the time to search the forum before posting but couldn't find a clear answer for this issue. Here is the scenario:

In our workplace we are using sharepoint online and we have announcements lists. Anytime an announcement is created we receive an email. Usually in an announcement we could have attachments and in the body of the announcement we add pictures(not more than one). This pic is uploaded to the site assets or any other library in sp online. Anytime i send the email the picture is not displayed.

My issue is that i can't figure out a way to get the img src to show inside the email body that is sent. I am using a custom html template which works well.

Some of the things i faced:

1) get the src of the image from the announcement body (i got to this point)

2) relative vs absolute path (which i managed to fix and build the string that shows the image in outlook web)

Now i reached a stage where i need to change the src of the image to base64 or any other format that will work in outlook (desktop)

I am kinda stuck here. 

2 REPLIES 2

HI @RoniR 

You might want to check this out: http://johnliu.net/blog/2017/10/generate-any-pdf-documents-from-html-with-flow

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

RoniR
Frequent Visitor

thanks for the reply.

I manage to embed the image ub the email body using base64 inline encoding but it came at a cost.

If i add the src of the image example: http://....../image source, i get to see the image in outlook web but not in outlook app or desktop

If i use base 64 i get to see the image in outlook desktop but not in app or outlook web.

I still need to test with cid but i am afraid this also comes with a price.

This is really difficult.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,650)