cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdc604 Advocate III
Advocate III

Get individual user info as Apply to each iterates thru SharePoint multiple person column

When using an Apply to each on a SharePoint multiple person column, (Approvers) how do you pass individual user info (display name, email, id...) to a variable within as it iterates?

applytoeach.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Get individual user info as Apply to each iterates thru SharePoint multiple person column

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? It looks like you are trying to configure your own approval from scratch rather than use the built-in approvals functionlity? The official Microsoft Flow documentation has demos of pretty much every possible approval type:

As the documentation above shows, the submitter's data would be contained within a SharePoint list based upon columns that you create for that list. That data can be piped into the Flow via various fields of the approval step(s), like shown here: provide-approval-config-info

bdc604 Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Get individual user info as Apply to each iterates thru SharePoint multiple person column

I appreciate the links but it doesn’t answer my question. SP ootb approval flows are too simplistic and static for our needs. We need to pull participants (approvers, reviewers, informed) from a distribution list with multi person columns.
Super User
Super User

@bdc604 wrote:
I appreciate the links but it doesn’t answer my question. SP ootb approval flows are too simplistic and static for our needs. We need to pull participants (approvers, reviewers, informed) from a distribution list with multi person columns.

Which you can do with the links I provided above. 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bdc604 ,

It seems that the variable type you set is unable to pass the name, email and id you mentioned. Please try setting the variable type to String.

Or a variable type that matches the data type of the user info you mentioned.

Image reference:

14.PNG

In addition, you could also consider using Compose to pass these values, like:

15.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,926)