cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdc604
Level 8

Get individual user info as Apply to each iterates thru SharePoint multiple person column

When using an Apply to each on a SharePoint multiple person column, (Approvers) how do you pass individual user info (display name, email, id...) to a variable within as it iterates?

applytoeach.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Get individual user info as Apply to each iterates thru SharePoint multiple person column

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? It looks like you are trying to configure your own approval from scratch rather than use the built-in approvals functionlity? The official Microsoft Flow documentation has demos of pretty much every possible approval type:

As the documentation above shows, the submitter's data would be contained within a SharePoint list based upon columns that you create for that list. That data can be piped into the Flow via various fields of the approval step(s), like shown here: provide-approval-config-info

bdc604
Level 8

Re: Get individual user info as Apply to each iterates thru SharePoint multiple person column

I appreciate the links but it doesn’t answer my question. SP ootb approval flows are too simplistic and static for our needs. We need to pull participants (approvers, reviewers, informed) from a distribution list with multi person columns.
Super User
Super User

@bdc604 wrote:
I appreciate the links but it doesn’t answer my question. SP ootb approval flows are too simplistic and static for our needs. We need to pull participants (approvers, reviewers, informed) from a distribution list with multi person columns.

Which you can do with the links I provided above. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bdc604 ,

It seems that the variable type you set is unable to pass the name, email and id you mentioned. Please try setting the variable type to String.

Or a variable type that matches the data type of the user info you mentioned.

Image reference:

14.PNG

In addition, you could also consider using Compose to pass these values, like:

15.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,824)