cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ck25415
Level 8

Get items threshold lmit gets reset

Hello,

The threshold limit of get items action gets reset. I have tried different numbers but once I save the workflow and come back to edit it, the field will be empty.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Get items threshold lmit gets reset

To insure that you do not cross the limits, you can build delays into your Flow. If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
ck25415
Level 8

I dont understand how a delay will help here. I am trying to get items from a library with about 900 files and move them to a different library.  Since the threshold number gets reset only 100 files are retrived from the library when the flow is run, I have to run the flow multiple times(about 9) one after the other to get the job done.

Now I have other flows where I have increased the thershold limit to 2000 and retrieved more than 100 items, I dont want to edit those flows now because the threshold limit may get reset on them too.

Also, I did not receive any error messages, the problem is the get items action not retrieving more than 100 items

Super User
Super User

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

ck25415
Level 8

Here you go, my simple flow and I am trying to increase the threshold limit for the get items action.

@Brad_Groux wrote:

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

GetItemsThresholdLimit.jpg

Super User
Super User

@ck25415 wrote:

Here you go, my simple flow and I am trying to increase the threshold limit for the get items action.

Thanks, the reason screenshots are important is so that we can re-create your Flow exactly as it is in your environment - this helps us troubleshoot and develop possible solutions for you. 

12 is the maximum number of lookup columns you can collect using an action or trigger in Flow. The threshold limit is hard set and can't be changed and it exists to maintain the performance of SharePoint.

So, to get around this threshold limit select or create a list view with no more than 12 total columns. Then choose that view from the Limit Columns by View option of the action.LimitedColumnsByView.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 175 members 3,902 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: