Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aljazd
Regular Visitor

Get link to Teams folder

Hello meisters,

I have the folowing flow:

1) trigger when a new sharepoint list item is created

2) create a new folder in the document library on the site and name it according to the list item

3) create 3 documents in the folder and copy content from template, rename files accordingly to the list item name

4) create sharing link to the sharepoint folder, link type "view and edit", link scope "everyone in organisation" (anyone with the link didn't work, despite having external sharing enabled)

5) copy and paste sharing link into the list item column, so that the folder can be accessed straight from the list

User scenario: internal and guest users need to access the sharepoint list within the teams tab, they also need access to folder if possible within teams.

Problem: The sharing link created in step 4) opens the folder on a sharepoint site, instead within the teams FILES tab. Because the link is for people inside my organisation, sharepoint site refuses to open the folder. My guest users however can access the folder manually through the Files tab.

Question: How do I get folder link within Files tab in Teams?

It's trully mind boggling that the core collaboration tool from the biggest IT company in the world has so many blind spots...

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @aljazd 

You could try a deep link...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/build-and-test/deep-links#generate...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,695)