cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Get list of unique users from list records in CDS

End goal:  Get a list of unique users to send an email to. 

I have a flow that runs the last day of every month and creates a bunch of records in CDS. Each user might have several records, where they are the owner. 

I'm trying to come up with a way to get a list of unique users, so that every user will only get one email - and not an email for every record created. 

If I use a List records action and then get records action for each user, the I'll end up with duplicates:

Capture.PNG

I've been playing around with Arrays and the Union function but I haven't found a way to get it to work. 

Any input is appreciated 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Get list of unique users from list records in CDS

Hi @NielsL 

You could try constructing a  fetchxml (Main entity as Users) with inner join (with other entity) using 

<fetch mapping='logical' distinct='true'>

To execute the FetchXML you need to use CDS current environment connector. In order to get this connector you need to create a solution first and then create a flow from the solution.

See this post might help

https://www.itaintboring.com/dynamics-crm/two-most-ignored-features-of-fetchxml/

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @NielsL 

You could try constructing a  fetchxml (Main entity as Users) with inner join (with other entity) using 

<fetch mapping='logical' distinct='true'>

To execute the FetchXML you need to use CDS current environment connector. In order to get this connector you need to create a solution first and then create a flow from the solution.

See this post might help

https://www.itaintboring.com/dynamics-crm/two-most-ignored-features-of-fetchxml/

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@abmthanks for the help. 

I was actually trying not to create the flow in my solution, as the ALM-story for flows really sucks at the moment (e.g. you need to manually re-active connections when you move from one environment to another).

However, everything is just so much easier with FetchXML compared to OData filter query. 

Cheers 

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,894)