cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdc604
Level 8

Get lookup value from subsite list item in Flow?

I have a list in a SharePoint subsite.

When an item is created or modified, I want Flow to take conditional action based on the value of a lookup in that item.

Problem:

Flow cannot seem to access this lookup, simply doesn't show up in available Dynamic Content to grab info from. The other basic column types are, just not lookups.

So, ok, another thing they haven't gotten around to figuring out or implementing yet. Fine. Is there a workaround? An API request that can grab this value for me?

PS - cannot use PowerApps to create the list item new/edit form because PA forms are not available to external users (without paying).

2 REPLIES 2
bdc604
Level 8

Re: Get lookup value from subsite list item in Flow?

I think I’m starting to understand Flow now. Flow is just a gui for some, not all, apis that already exist for SP. The easiest were picked as low hanging fruit and rolled out, anything complex skipped and/or ignored. So, if we’re lucky, every few months additional SharePoint Flow actions will be rolled out (for apis that already exist), marketing and bloggers will gush over these ‘improvements’, and the masses will eat it up.

How did we get to this point? After 2 years one would expect... more.
Highlighted
Hansn
Level: Powered On

Re: Get lookup value from subsite list item in Flow?

One option for this is to use a "Data Operations - Creat CSV table"; works where the lookup is set in the list with multi-select on; in the data operations step you should be presented with an option to select the lookup item (assuming you did a Get Item on the list earlier).  You can select the lookup item and set to customise the column names you need; I then later assign to a multiline output.  All seems to work.  If you have issues please get back and I will publish the entire flow. ... Hans

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 805 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: