Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redders
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Get meta data from Documents Library

Hi All,

I'm hoping that someone can help me.

I have a documents library that has an additional choice column. What I am looking to do is to get the data held within this column within power automate like you would with 'Get items' from a list however, I have tried with multiple different actions, none of which seem to provide this data.

My flow is a fairly simple one

1. Triggered by a When a HTTP request is received

2. Get the data (File Name & Choice Column) from the documents library (the part that I am struggling with)

3. Provide the data on the response

I have done this many times with 'Get items' for lists but just can't seem to figure it out with a documents library.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Redders
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Amit_Sharma,

I have eventually worked it out, it is poor Microsoft functionality.

I have selected 'No' on 'Include Nested Items', I would have expected that it would have just included any items within a folder in the folder however, it seems to exclude any items that are within that folder. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BJ94
Resolver II
Resolver II

HI @Redders 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Extracting-PDF-meta-data-and-document-info/td-p/5...

This link will help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Bharti

Community Support Team _ Bharti
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Amit_Sharma
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Redders,

I Have Created Sample for You.

Amit_Sharma_0-1670576329201.pngAmit_Sharma_1-1670576352115.pngAmit_Sharma_2-1670576363342.png

Please share the flow screenshot and clarify more on requirement If I misunderstood the requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Redders
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

HI @BJ94,

Thanks for your reply however, it does not help me. I have selected one of the files within the folder that I wish to output and there is no trace of the column name that I need to output. 

It is not the meta data of the file that I wish to output but the data within the SharePoint column within the documents library (sorry if I have used the wrong name, I was told that this was called metadata?)

If it helps, here is a screenshot..

Redders_0-1670576696338.png

Redders
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Amit_Sharma ,

Thanks for your reply, this doesn't seem to work either?

Redders_0-1670577712177.png

Output

Redders_1-1670577735469.png

I have tried limiting entries to folder, would this have an impact? There are thousands of files within this documents library

Amit_Sharma
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Redders,

No, There Is not any impact on action If You use limiting entries to folder Even, I also Used in My sample Flow.

Please Verify folder Path That Provide in Get files (properties only) Because It Return Empty Values. and Please Show Me Screenshot of Your Get files (properties only) Action.

Redders
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Amit_Sharma,

I have just tested this on another documents library and it works as you have described however, it doesn't seem to work on the folder that I am trying to obtain.

It seems that the files within that folder don't seem to show. I have checked and double checked that the path is correct.

I have added action 'List Folder' and it shows all the files, when using 'Get Files (Properties Only)' limiting entries to folder, it does not show any files. The folder is exactly the same?!

Here is the screenshot

Redders_0-1670581399933.png

Redders
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Amit_Sharma,

I have eventually worked it out, it is poor Microsoft functionality.

I have selected 'No' on 'Include Nested Items', I would have expected that it would have just included any items within a folder in the folder however, it seems to exclude any items that are within that folder. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,705)