Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkaspar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Get name of current solution

Hi All,

I have 2 solutions 'Leave Approval' and 'Purchase Order Approval'. Inside of each solution I have a flow called 'Approver Response'. One is the approver response for Purchase Orders and the other is the approver response for the leave approval.

Each flow has a try-catch pattern which posts the name of the flow and a link to the failed run to a Microsoft Teams channel. When looking at the posted error message in Teams, there is no way of distinguishing between 'Purchase Order - Approver Response' and the 'Leave Approval - Approver Response'.

If I could dynamically get the name of the current solution, I would be able to include it in my error message, thereby making it clear which solution the failed flow run belongs to.

My question is, how do I get the name of the current solution in my flow (not the current environment or flow)?

Thanks everyone.

1 REPLY 1
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @lkaspar 

Unfortunately you can't get the solution name, as you can see by the output of the "list my flows" action:

output.png

An idea could be to use a variable that stores which is the caller, and pass it to the "Approver Response" flow, so you can distinguish who is the caller.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,401)