Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaibhavtandon87
Helper IV
Helper IV

Get notifications in MS teams for overdue items

Dear community,

Is there a way to get notifications on MS teams instant message with the 'link' of the 'overdue item' on a O365 list?

So what I am trying to achieve here is , lets assume I have list 'Issue tracker' and have a task 'assigned to me' whose status is 'open'and due date is 19th December.

On 8 AM 19th December, I should get notification in my MS teams for 'all' the items which are 'due' on that day and are still 'open'.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

You have a space in DueDate field, so you internal field name will be different than what you are using. Can you please go your list settings click on Due Date field and then see the URL in browser and look value of Field=, in the URL and take that value and use it in the filter query 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

Hello @vaibhavtandon87 ,

You can create a Flow with recurrence trigger, then query the O365 list for items with status open and due date as today's date, and then loop through those items and send the email to assigned to person of each item which is returned by the query.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

@annajhaveri thanks for super quick response. I wanted to send the notification to Teams hence tried creating the attached flow but getting error. Basically I tried meeting the condition if the status is not 'closed' and due date is today but its failing. I further removed the condition of due date today but still getting the error. Could you or somebody guide why is that an issue?

Flow1.png

Flow2.png

Error.png

   

annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

I would suggest to put the filter in get Items action to get the items which satisfy your conditions, as shown in below screenshot, so that you will not need the condition.

FilterQuery for Get ItemsFilterQuery for Get Items

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Thanks @annajhaveri  but getting the below error. Not sure if the syntax I am using is wrong.

The expression "Due date le '2020-12-18' and Status ne 'Closed'" is not valid. Creating query failed.

Flow3.png

annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

You have a space in DueDate field, so you internal field name will be different than what you are using. Can you please go your list settings click on Due Date field and then see the URL in browser and look value of Field=, in the URL and take that value and use it in the filter query 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

vaibhavtandon87
Helper IV
Helper IV

@annajhaveri  this actually resolved. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,481)