cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misc
Resolver II
Resolver II

Get one record from a sharepoint list which matches another record, add to table in Excel

I am creating a flow which takes a record submitted via Powerapps to a SharePoint List (MatrixResponses) and inputs this into an Excel template to email to the user; the same flow takes records from a 2nd SharePoint list (TrainingMatrix) and lists these records on the same Excel template so the responses submitted can be compared with one another by the user.

At the moment, this is done by 'Get Items' then 'Add a row to table', see screenshot 

getitems.png

This means that the entire TrainingMatrix list is transferred to the Excel file which isn't ideal. 

Both lists have a column called 'P Number' and these P numbers refer to the same person. I want my flow to lookup the record in TrainingMatrix which matches the P number in MatrixResponses and only add that row to the Excel sheet. Is there a way to do this?

I tried using 'Switch' but couldn't use Dynamic Content for the match so that didn't work.

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @misc ,

Try using filter queries on the SharePoint get items action.

Check - https://youtu.be/yeAnuTB85eg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @misc ,

Try using filter queries on the SharePoint get items action.

Check - https://youtu.be/yeAnuTB85eg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

Thank you! That video was very useful 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (75,725)