cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reinerknudsen87
Frequent Visitor

Get person field entries form SharePoint to email

I'm stuck but I have the feeling, I am half way there. I followed mutiple tips I found but still can't get it to work.

I have a SharePoint list with training events. The two relevant columns are

- status which says whether an event is in the past, in the future or current (= 'aktiv')

- spieler (participant) which is of type person and holds one or multiple entries.

PA2.png

What I try to achieve is sending an automated email which contains a list of all participants. Sounds easy but turns out to be confusing.

I start by getting the one current event from the SharePoint list

PA1.png

That works fine and I get the item I want. (I also limited the number of items to fetch to 1 which might be a bit too much).

Now I want to read the content of the "Spieler" column which is one or more people entries. And that's when I get lost.

My idea was to read each single entry in the column and add the "DisplayName" to a string. 

PA3.png

But that doesn't work since I only get the "spieler" object returned but can't get access to the "DisplayName" value.

I'm sure I lack some PowerAutomate knowledge here and I am grateful for your help.

Reiner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @Reinerknudsen87 

I did on my side and it's working fine:

reviewer-email.png

The expression to use is:

items('apply_to_each_2')?['Email']

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @Reinerknudsen87 

To get the Spieler Email value, try to use the following expression:

items('apply_to_each')?['Spieler/Email']

Apart from that, you should add ";" character at the end of the append.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Where exactly does the expression go. The only way it works for me without error message is this:

PA4.png

But that returns an empty string...

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @Reinerknudsen87 

I did on my side and it's working fine:

reviewer-email.png

The expression to use is:

items('apply_to_each_2')?['Email']

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!
Reinerknudsen87
Frequent Visitor

Actually, that worked. Now I am going to figure out how to get those into an HTML table to pass on to the email.

Should be fun 🙂

Thanks for your support. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,291)