cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Back2Basics
Helper I
Helper I

Get row - key value

I'm trying to write a flow that finds all of the rows in an excel file where the date in the column 'status' is today (this column is updated by a macro to get the date and time stamp that row was updated). 

I've tried the following key values: >today() ; >today()-1

But can't seem to get it to work. I've provide a screenshot of this part of the flow and the error that occurs. Any help would be appreciated.

Back2Basics_0-1625489082806.png

Back2Basics_1-1625489322414.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Back2Basics :

Please try the "List rows present in a table" action instead of the "get row" action.

1\My table

vbofengmsft_0-1625539288035.png

2\My flow

vbofengmsft_2-1625539414248.png

Note:I use UTC time, if there is a time difference from your local time, you need to add the time offset

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Back2Basics :

Please try the "List rows present in a table" action instead of the "get row" action.

1\My table

vbofengmsft_0-1625539288035.png

2\My flow

vbofengmsft_2-1625539414248.png

Note:I use UTC time, if there is a time difference from your local time, you need to add the time offset

Best Regards,

Bof

Thanks @v-bofeng-msft 

I don't know if I'm doing it correctly but I already have a 'list rows present in a table' step before the 'get rows'? 

Anyway, what I've done all in is this:

• created an xlsm with a macro to populate a field with the date and time a row is updated, this is used for people to populate. 
  • created an xlsx which connected to the table in the xlsm.
  • added a step in the query editor to add a column which gives a 1 if the update was today and 0 if the update was before today
  • Use the 'updated' column as the key column and key value: 1
  • Set this up as a scheduled flow that will send emails to people in the row (there are two email addresses in the row based on other formula) for rows updated that day.

Thanks for your help and ideas. Much appreciated. 

Hi @Back2Basics :

Has your problem been solved?

Do you want to filter the results of "'list rows present in a table'"? If so, use filter action.

Best Regards,

Bof

Back2Basics
Helper I
Helper I

My aim with the flow is to send emails. 

The table has a column for the person entering the column and then columns for linked rows. If a user enters a linked row (project linkages) there is a hidden column that populates with the email address for the linked row. 

I'm hoping to send emails to both parties if there are links so that they can have a meaningful conversation about what to do with those links. 

So I'm using a macro to populate the updated date for the row, so that each time a row is updated if there is a linked email address populated then an email is sent. 

I'll take a look at the filtering and see if this does what I want to do as well, as I'm sure it's better than the work-around I've put in place 👍

Hi @v-bofeng-msft 

I've tried using filter:

Back2Basics_0-1625574378598.png

But it doesn't appear to be giving me any outputs:

Back2Basics_1-1625574495746.png

and when I add an action 'send email' it doesn't send any email, I'm guessing because there is nothing in the body?

Back2Basics_2-1625574603883.png

Hi @Back2Basics :

Please try this:

vbofengmsft_0-1625622108927.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Many thanks again @v-bofeng-msft - this has worked now. Not sure which to add the the 'solution' mind 😂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,199)