cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lineman316
Level: Power Up

Get text date values from email and convert them for use in updating a group plannner task start date and end date

Annotation 2019-04-22 151244.jpgerrorAnnotation 2019-04-22 151329.jpgflow diagram
Annotation 2019-04-22 151608.jpgformulas usedIm trying to use the Start and End dates in an email to update the Start and End dates in a Planner Task. I've dug through multiple posts trying to figure this out but i can't seem to find the right answer. The error seems to be in trying to convert the text date from the email to a usable format. Everything I've tried results in the error in the first picture.

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Get text date values from email and convert them for use in updating a group plannner task start date and end date

You need to make sure you are formatting your definitions correctly, as defined by the Microsoft Planner Connector documentation. Accord to the Planner API documentation, the date/time needs to be formated similar to: 

The Timestamp type represents date and time information using ISO 8601 format and is always in UTC time. 
For example, midnight UTC on Jan 1, 2014 would look like this: 
2014-01-01T00:00:00Z

You can covert the date and time using the utcnow() and formatDateTime expressions. The links below outline all of the various ways to use these expressions and covert date/time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,180)