cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get text date values from email and convert them for use in updating a group plannner task start date and end date

errorerrorflow diagramflow diagram
formulas usedformulas usedIm trying to use the Start and End dates in an email to update the Start and End dates in a Planner Task. I've dug through multiple posts trying to figure this out but i can't seem to find the right answer. The error seems to be in trying to convert the text date from the email to a usable format. Everything I've tried results in the error in the first picture.

1 REPLY 1
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to make sure you are formatting your definitions correctly, as defined by the Microsoft Planner Connector documentation. Accord to the Planner API documentation, the date/time needs to be formated similar to: 

The Timestamp type represents date and time information using ISO 8601 format and is always in UTC time. 
For example, midnight UTC on Jan 1, 2014 would look like this: 
2014-01-01T00:00:00Z

You can covert the date and time using the utcnow() and formatDateTime expressions. The links below outline all of the various ways to use these expressions and covert date/time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,099)