cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cblackl2000
Helper I
Helper I

Get the Count of People in a People Picker (Person or Group Multiple Entry) SharePoint List Column

I have a SharePoint list with a multiple entry people picker (person or group) list column where I need to get the count of people entered and then update that number in another column for easy viewing.  I have a reference in this blog (3) I want to get the number of multi user in a Person... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) but it did not work for me.

The example is, you have a list of classes for which users will enroll in the Enrollee column.  This number will change over time and the flow will trigger upon new and modified items.  I would like get this count of Enrollee and then place it into EnrolleeCount column (integer) that I have.  Any help would be appreciated as I have searched for this and cannot find a solution that works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @cblackl2000 

You could do something like this:

assigned-to.png

In this sample I have a list called "Tasks" with a multi people picker column called "Assigned To". For each row I get the number of people stored in the column:

length(items('apply_to_each')['AssignedTo'])

Then you would only need to call the SharePoint Update action.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @cblackl2000 

You could do something like this:

assigned-to.png

In this sample I have a list called "Tasks" with a multi people picker column called "Assigned To". For each row I get the number of people stored in the column:

length(items('apply_to_each')['AssignedTo'])

Then you would only need to call the SharePoint Update action.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo I cannot thank you enough!  This was, for some reason, such a struggle and your screen shots made all the difference.  I will say I had to take several times through the expression setup to get it right as I had a little trouble selecting the correct parts - but once I did, voila!  😀

Try_P0W3r

How did you do it? please share full powerautomation as I can't seem to replicate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,077)