cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Get the calendar ID of another user

I am trying to create a flow that will grab the calendar availability of a whole team and then feed that back into a powerapp that I am creating.

I cannot find the calendar ID for a user other than the user of the data source, which I cannot use in this situation because I do not have login details for each individual person and I should not have access to this.

I cannot find any help on this topic, I know that there is the following information https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-calendar-id-of-the-users-main-calendar-in-Exc... however this is telling me to add an email connection for the calendar I would like which as I explained above I cannot do.

I have attempted to pull the team using the office 365 groups connection and also attempted to pull each user's profile using the office 365 users connector but neither of these bring me back the calendar ID for a different user. I have shared the user's calendars with me using edit permissions and then tried to "get calendars" but the shared calendars do not appear.

I'm at a loss with what to try next!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Get the calendar ID of another user

Hi @knives ,

What you are describing is something that's already available in the "Meeting Capture" template in Power Apps. So you might want to check that! 🙂 

Link to video about meeting capture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGyxyJL4gJk

Cheers,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi @knives ,

I guess the Find meeting times action is a better solution for your issue. Is that something you can try? That way you can grab the availability of all team members and get the best options.

- Daniel

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Laskewitz,

Thanks for getting back to me.

This would work for me if I sent through each user individually but I'm not sure how I ca return all the data to the powerapp, do you know how I could do this on a loop until I've gathered all of the information?

I'm attempting to create a scheduling type system where I can enter a date range, a time range and get the flow to pull the availability of each individual and display for someone to choose from. Then book an appointment in one specific persons calendar dependant on who is available.

Kind Regards,

Knives

Highlighted

Hi @knives ,

What you are describing is something that's already available in the "Meeting Capture" template in Power Apps. So you might want to check that! 🙂 

Link to video about meeting capture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGyxyJL4gJk

Cheers,

Daniel

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Laskewitz,

Thanks again for you help. I have opened up this app and watched the attached video. It looks incredibly interesting and a useful app but unfortunately is not what I am looking for.

I need a user to be able to book a meeting in a free slot on someone's outlook calendar using powerapps. Not take details of a meeting that is currently occurring.

For example:

I want to book a 1 hour meeting on either Bob, Tom or Katy on either Wednesday or Thursday between 12pm and 4pm. I want to show the user that Bob is available between 12pm and 2pm on Wednesday but not free Thursday, Tom is free between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday and 1pm and 2pm on Thursday and Katy is free all day on both days. The the user can select a 1 hour time slot out of the available times and book an appointment the selected user's diary.

Highlighted

Hi @knives ,

Well, it actually contains exactly that scenario. When you're done with taking details in the meeting, you are able to book a follow-up meeting. That part of the app you need. 🙂 Make sure to check all the screens in the app. That will help you find it more easily.

Cheers,

Daniel

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Laskewitz,

I don't know how I managed to completely miss that!

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,111)