Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zgolbarg
Helper III
Helper III

Get the text value of lookup column in Dynamics

Hi,

I am building a flow that whenever a new record is added/ updated to Dynamic's account table, the new record is added/updated to the Sharepoint list as well.

In the Account table, I Have 2 look-up fields. one is a lookup in the Account table and the other one is a lookup in the User table.

I have 2 question:

can I have one flow for both add and update records?

I need the text value of those lookup fields instead of GUID. which action is needed for each of them?

i used this action:

Zgolbarg_0-1636728429260.png

I also saw this one but I don't have the create option :

Zgolbarg_1-1636728499732.png

I am new in flow and appreciate your help

Zohreh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Zgolbarg :

If you need to get the text in the lookup field, then you need to use the GUID returned by it to find the corresponding record in the corresponding table.

For example,I there is a table "1" and there is a lookup column named 'CreatedBy' in table '1'.

vbofengmsft_0-1636954819311.png

I assume I want to get who create the record when a new record is created in '1':

vbofengmsft_1-1636955249222.png

The Result:

vbofengmsft_2-1636955271475.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Zgolbarg,

In your second screenshot the Added is the same as Created. And Modified means the same as Updated.

So, if you want to use the When a row is added, modified or deleted action you could set the change type to Added or Modified.

With that change type you will trigger the flow whenever a new record is created or when an existing one is updated in one flow.

@Expiscornovus 

Thanks for your reply.

when I choose the second picture I am not able to see all the fields in my account table to match with the Sharepoint list

Hi @Zgolbarg :

If you need to get the text in the lookup field, then you need to use the GUID returned by it to find the corresponding record in the corresponding table.

For example,I there is a table "1" and there is a lookup column named 'CreatedBy' in table '1'.

vbofengmsft_0-1636954819311.png

I assume I want to get who create the record when a new record is created in '1':

vbofengmsft_1-1636955249222.png

The Result:

vbofengmsft_2-1636955271475.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

@v-bofeng-msft 

Thanks for your reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,532)