cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Get values from lookup column

I have a flow which creates a series of tasks in a Sharepoint custom Task List whenever a new entry is added to a Sharepoint Matter List.  My custom Task List has a lookup column for Assigned.  I can see that field in my Flow and can pick the appropriate AssignedID for the action.  However, running the Flow the action always fails with Bad Request.  Further Info:  "A value must be provided for item. clientRequestId: 71efedc3-1655-4278-b417-a2b3e500b013."  Not sure where it's getting "clientRequestID" unless that is simply a system-generated tag for the error.  Any help would be appreciated.  Note:  the lookup is NOT multi-value

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Get values from lookup column

Hi @rpitts,

Per testing, the Assigned to field is not readable under Microsoft Flow.

71.PNG

And because of that, the AssignedTo or the other field that related with the Assigned field would be empty. So if you use the value from the assigned related, it will then generate the Bad Request error.

To workaorund this, please consider take use of a Text field to replace the Lookup column.

And if you would like the Assigned to to be supported under Microsoft Flow with the TASK list, then please consider submit this as an idea under Microsoft Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,194)