cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shazebasad
Level: Power Up

Getting Contents of an outlook email and saving them in excel

I get this email every month which has a table pasted in the body of the email and i want to extract that table and put it in an excel spreadsheet everytime that email comes in with new data. Can someone please help me with this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Getting Contents of an outlook email and saving them in excel

Hi, 

You can do this with the "When an Outlook email arrives trigger" provided you have a unique sender and a unique subject that will be common on each of these emails and not any others. (or rather you could create a new folder in outlook and aut route these emails to that folder and then use this folder as default in flow)

Next step would be create a compose action with the body of the email and then create a HTML table from the compose action. You could then perform some excel operations on it. 

Note: The assumption is that the email consists of only a table and nothing else. Also, to keep updating the spreadsheet based on the new content of the email every time ou might have to use more operators to filter the content of the table from the email. 

emailarrives.png

Thanks, 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Getting Contents of an outlook email and saving them in excel

Hi, 

You can do this with the "When an Outlook email arrives trigger" provided you have a unique sender and a unique subject that will be common on each of these emails and not any others. (or rather you could create a new folder in outlook and aut route these emails to that folder and then use this folder as default in flow)

Next step would be create a compose action with the body of the email and then create a HTML table from the compose action. You could then perform some excel operations on it. 

Note: The assumption is that the email consists of only a table and nothing else. Also, to keep updating the spreadsheet based on the new content of the email every time ou might have to use more operators to filter the content of the table from the email. 

emailarrives.png

Thanks, 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 340 members 6,577 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: