cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_Edmonds1
Frequent Visitor

Getting Flow to read a date in Excel

Good morning all, I hope someone can help as I'm loosing the will to live here with this flow!!!

I have a populated spreadsheet and a flow which is pulling all relevant information to send out contracts via email on a set date. The date is marked in the excel spreadsheet but I cannot get flow to read it. 

Below is my error message and my flow. Since the screen shot I have also tried changing the "DYNAMIC CONTENT" in the "DELAY UNTIL" section from the Excel link to "OUTPUT" from the Compose section. Still not joy!

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?The ErrorThe ErrorThe FlowThe Flow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @D_Edmonds1 ,

Please take a try as screenshot below:

1.png

The expression in the Compose as below:

formatDateTime(addDays('1900-01-01', add(int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Date']),-2)), 'yyyy-MM-dd')

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@D_Edmonds1 

Hang in there!  You're very close.  Can you show the output of the compose?  It may be as simple as concatenating the output of that thing with the timestamp, but let's look at the data first.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

@D_Edmonds1 Excel doesn't export a date cell to flow in normal date format but as an integer. To format it you need to use a format like:

formatDateTime(addDays('1900-01-01', add(int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Date']),-2)), 'dd/MM/yyyy')

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Thanks @RobElliott - I have included this code and run again.

After a very long wait, it failed again. (Image below) - @edgonzales The Output is showing exactly the same as the input.

Should the delay until ref. the Sheet (like the Compose does) or should it ref Output?

Error 2Error 2Current SetupCurrent Setup

@D_Edmonds1 

Ah, ok...let's start with this:

You'll want to add the expression into the "Expression" dialogue in the Compose.  So, click on the compose field, and go over to the Dynamic Content tab, and click expression.  Then put in your expression.  Here's a gif to illustrate...

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Keep us posted.

-Ed

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @D_Edmonds1 ,

Please take a try as screenshot below:

1.png

The expression in the Compose as below:

formatDateTime(addDays('1900-01-01', add(int(items('Apply_to_each')?['Date']),-2)), 'yyyy-MM-dd')

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,065)