cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting ID's created 001 - 999 in flow

Hi there, 

I want an ID at 001 and when another item is created I want it to increate to 002. I also. need these numbers stored in SharePoint, and i have tried to store the number as 001 in sharepoint and it just comes back with 1 , 2 etc.. I suppose i could add 00 to the single numbers and 0 to the double numbers etc - but maybe something neater would be good. The number does not have to refect 001 in sharepoint maybe - just as long as it is in flow as that so i can create sharepoint folders with the id as 001 and not as 1 would be great. any ideas. ?

1 REPLY 1
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

In the SharePoint, there is a default column 'ID', and the value will increase automatically when you add anew item.

However the format of the ID is default, you can't edit the format of the value.

I have made a test, if you select  ‘Single line of text’column, then you can set the value you want(like:001,002...).

However you can only add the value manually.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,700)