Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
manlamcheng
Level: Powered On

Getting List Attachment Information

Hi

I am building a Flow so that when a list item is created, it will send an email to include links to the item attachment files, that says that I will need to return file name and path.

In SharePoint Designer workflow, I can call REST web service to expand the AttachmentFiles field to get such details, and it looks like that I can do the same with HTTP action in Flow, but I don't know how to fill out the Authentication,  can someone show me an example ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting List Attachment Information

Hi @manlamcheng,

Please switch to Custom API (Custom connectors) instead of using the Http Action (which should not support the authentication type used in SharePoint, see posts from Samuel in this thread).

For custom connectors, check:

Register and use custom connectors in Microsoft Flow

Working with Lists and list items with REST

Besides, add an idea about suggest to add the attachments support for SharePoint List items:

Create attachments and list attachments from SharePoint Online List Item

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,992)