cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
SylvieLet17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Getting Values from Excel Get a row Action

Hi all, 

 

I have a Flow that is supposed to basically take the data from an excel file and push it into a SharePoint list. 

When a new excel file is added to a folder in SharePoint, the data is supposed to be updated in a SharePoint list, based on the field "Mission"

flow_21_02.png

Formula in the Key Value field is: 

body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['Mission']
This is all working fine, but then when I want to use a "Get items" action with oData query like:
Mission eq 'body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['Mission']' 
then it shows up blank. 
And then I tried immediately after the "Get a row" action above to just drop the exact same formula in an "append to string variable" and same deal. 
In the excel action it seems to run properly, getting the value (for e.g. 'Haiti') but in any other action it comes up blank.
Ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SylvieLet17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

One key piece of information I did not think to include here was the fact that my "Mission" column in SharePoint is a managed metadata column. Apparently Odata queries do not support these types of columns. So I would have had to use an http request or something instead. 

Sorry for not including this! Didn't realise it would be important. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @SylvieLet17 

 

Couple of ways to debug this.

 

1. Add a compose actions and map the mission.

2. Next make sure ODATA Filter you are using the correct name.

 

Run the flow, check the history and make sure what compose output is. Then check the ODATA filter query.

 

Let me know how it goes.

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
SylvieLet17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

So - the formula for the 'Get a row' excel action is: body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['Mission']

See attached - this is a screenshot of the output.

The column is definitely called 'Mission'

Now, using the exact same formula in my ODATA query, it shows up blank: 

Mission eq 'body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['Mission']'

 

It's not able to get the value from the List rows present in a table action in the SharePoint Get items action. But it IS able to get the values in the Excel 'Get a row' action. body_excel.pngget_items.png

 

 

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @SylvieLet17 

 

Thanks for your reply. Try to do the following:

 

1. Before the Get Item step add a compose and set the value as body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['Mission'].

2. Modify the Filter Query of Get Item and set the compose  output within the single quotes.

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
SylvieLet17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

It's the same issue, the output of the compose action is empty. 

 

But actually looking at it now, there's a separate issue. The 'Get a row' action is embedded in an 'Apply to Each' for the List Rows Present action.

However, it seems to be getting all rows, not just one. 

It should be giving me just the values of the fields for the "Haiti" mission row, but it gives me all. 

SergioDL99
New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with the function 'get a row' from excel in order to put the values in a sharepoint list. In that function appears this: 

SergioDL99_0-1627264675078.png

But, the key value (valor de clave) doesn't appear in excel format. I don't know why. Please need some advices to solve this issue.

 

SergioDL99_1-1627264903845.png

 

Just appear dynamic content for sharepoint, but not for Excel.

 

SylvieLet17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

One key piece of information I did not think to include here was the fact that my "Mission" column in SharePoint is a managed metadata column. Apparently Odata queries do not support these types of columns. So I would have had to use an http request or something instead. 

Sorry for not including this! Didn't realise it would be important. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,420)