cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottKnick

Getting a "Bad Request" in Get Changes For an Item or File function (joins to an "AND" query in conditions)

I'm trying to write a flow that will notify a Job Ticket creator when the ticket has been marked "Completed." The Get Chances for an Item or File step is failing.

Here's how that step is configured; it looks for changes in the IT Support Ticket list since the last version:

CompleteFlowCapture3.png

This is followed by a Condition step that checks to see if the item has changed AND the "Issue Status" value is now "Completed."

CompleteFlowCapture2.png

When the flow is attempted, it fails at the Get Changes for an Item or File step:

CompleteFlowCapture1.png

I mention the Condition step because it's the addition of the AND statement in it that causes the failure, for some reason. Are either of these steps misconfigured?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @ScottKnick 

You could trigger the flow only when the status equals to 'completed' using trigger conditions in the trigger action:

trigger_cond1.png

trigger_cond2.png

Therefore, you won't need to check that condition.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks for your reply! But I've tried that option previously (e.g., simply setting the trigger conditions for "When an Item is Created or Modified") and then the flow never triggers at all. But I'll give it another shot and see what happens.

ScottKnick

When I use the following settings in the "When an Item is Created or Modified" trigger, the flow is never triggered when the value of "status" is changed to "Completed":

CompleteFlowCapture4.png

Hello @ScottKnick 

What type is used in the Status column? Is it a Choice one? Therefore the expression should be:

@equals(triggerBody()?['Status']?['value'],'Completed') 

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
ScottKnick

Hello @fchopo :

Thanks for the tip -- the Status column is indeed a "Choose" column, so I changed the trigger expression to:

CompleteFlowCapture5.png

But the flow (which should be triggering several times a day) is still not triggering at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,478)