cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waegemma
Super User
Super User

Getting a response to an automated mail that doesn't hang up your flow, other than a Form.

Hi,

Just checking if there is an alternative to a Form to get responses to an automated mail.

The recipients are in the same organisation, but have no acces to the Sharepoint List that needs to be updated with their answer.

They might answer within thirty days, but that's not sure (so nothing that counts on a flow waiting for the response).

I need to get back an ID and a status (yes/no) but would like them to only have to click one of two buttons.

No Quickpoll either, the recipients shouldn't see the other responses.

There's no email address available to receive the responses.

I have looked but not found...

Marc

1 REPLY 1
Caspar_Rubin
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey,

not sure if I understand your question correctly...

Why do they not have access to the SharePoint List? Do they not have access to SharePoint in general?

If they have access to SharePoint, why not create a second list (maybe even on a second SiteCollection), make it so people can only add items and only see their own items (advanced settings) and then copy the data from the second list to the first one via Flow?

If they don't have access to SharePoint at all, what about the new Power Pages platform? Could you maybe set up something there?

cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,046)