cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmatusche
Regular Visitor

Getting an Email with a Calculated Field

Hello everyone,

i have a problem: I do have a Flow which imports some data into an Excel spreadsheet. This Spreadsheet uses the data and comes to one result (only one cell) i want to have a Email message everytime this result is updated. The trigger is not a problem i can simply take the trigger from the data import, my problem is the "Result Cell" This cell is calculated and Flow says that this is not supported right now. Is there any workaround? I know i could replace the cells Formula with its value but i would have to do this manually which would make Flow obsolete.

I am thankful for any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmatusche,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Where does your Excel file store?

Do you add a Calculated column within your Excel table?

Further, do you want to extract Calculated column from an Excel table?

If you want to catch calculated values from an excel table, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. The Calculated column of Excel table is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please vote the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Calculated-excel-flieds/idi-p/98657

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmatusche,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Where does your Excel file store?

Do you add a Calculated column within your Excel table?

Further, do you want to extract Calculated column from an Excel table?

If you want to catch calculated values from an excel table, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. The Calculated column of Excel table is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please vote the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Calculated-excel-flieds/idi-p/98657

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,945)