Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Automate123
Helper III
Helper III

Getting data using Jira REST API, Parsing JSON, Updating excel

Hi Power Automate community,

I am trying to create a flow that happens on recurrence (Once a day) that will use the HTTP connector to extract data using Jiras REST API using a JQL query. From him I want to parse that data to the Parse JSON connector, and then update a excel spreadsheet with the results. My current flow can be seen below:

Automate123_0-1618302606805.png

The conntents of the HTTP conector can be seen below. It is essentially https://myorg.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=JQL query

Automate123_1-1618303022196.png

When trying to test the flow I am presented with the following errors. See below:

Automate123_0-1618319089210.png

Can anybody advise me on what might be wrong, or any fixes for this issue.

Thanks! 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Automate123 

Have you tried to make the same HTTP Call to Jira using other tools like Swagger or Postman? It seems the error doesn't have any relation with Power Automate, and it's more related to the Jira PI.

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Automate123,

In addition to @fchopo, does your query work when you for instance only use this:

rest/api/3/search?jql=project%20%3D%20GTX

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-s...

I believe if the JQL query expression is too large you can use the POST instead:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-s...

Automate123
Helper III
Helper III

Hey @Expiscornovus and @fchopo 

Thank you very much for the responses. I have now managed to get 3/4 connectors to pass. I am now struggling with the updating the excel file on SharePoint.

Automate123_0-1619014496980.png

I am trying to use the connector Add a row into a table. Through watching some videos I have been trying to add dynamic content for each of the fields. However when I do so it keeps on adding "apply to each" and ultimately the flow fails at this stage.

Automate123_1-1619014609005.png

Do you have any advice on how I could successfully update the table with the data from the previous parse JSON step?

Thanks!

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Automate123 

Does the parse JSON return only one row or many rows? Power Automate is adding an apply-to-each because it's detecting you are adding a field in Excel that may have multiple values.

Do you receive any kind of error? Does the flow work?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Automate123
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @fchopo 

Since posting yesterday I have now moved away from updating an excel file on sharepoint and I am now using the returned JSON to create a CSV file with all releveant fields.

In responce to your question my flow is currently working however I am getting errors of

"Array elements can only be selected using an integer index."

I have created a new thread as the flow has completely changed to my previous one. The link can be found below:

Array elements can only be selected using an integ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If you have any ideas on how I can overcome my blockers it would be much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (36,671)