cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting flow to register a success despite an error occurring mid flow.

I'm working on creating a back up system using flow based on emails to customers. 

The order be when an email arrives 

Get row in customer table 

if successful create a document if not successful it checks against Employees 

If successful do nothing if unsuccsful check against prospect contact details 

If there do nothing if not add it 

This leads to a situation where a it performs exactly how i want adding new potential contacts onto a third table after confirming it isnt on any of the three but will register a failure. 

Is there a way to tell flow that getting a success on any of the final actions on any branch should be classed as a success or do i need to make it more complicated regestering variables every step of the way ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @AnyGiven10 

After the branching conditions (I am guessing that in the flow you have configured the run afters steps, and those will run when one of the prior step has failed which eventually registers the flow as failed), you can add a terminate as succesful step:

rr4.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @AnyGiven10 

After the branching conditions (I am guessing that in the flow you have configured the run afters steps, and those will run when one of the prior step has failed which eventually registers the flow as failed), you can add a terminate as succesful step:

rr4.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Perfect, chucking this on the end of the path works great. 

Thank you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,953)