cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simmo86
Helper II
Helper II

Getting information from excel file in onedrive for business without a defined table

Is it possible to get information from an excel file in onedrive for business without a defined 'table'? I have an excel file in onedrive for business that gets overwritten every morning so I can't define a 'table' in it. I am trying to get the information to run flows such as birthday emails etc. but I am struggling to get the data without the 'table'. Also, not sure whether this is a factor but the sheet name of the document also changes daily. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Serbay
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,
Yes, it is possible to extract data even without having tables from excel with the usage of office script. Could you please tell me more about the next actions? What would like to do after extraction? Then I can share the solution with you.

Regards,
Serbay

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. 

It's a list of client data and date of birth and email are two separate columns so I am trying to build a scheduled flow to match the date of birth column with today's date to automate a birthday email.

Thanks, 

Alex

Simmo86
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Serbay 

Did this help at all? I am still struggling with this. I have an excel spreadsheet in one drive that is overwritten every morning (so can't define a table) and I want to build a flow that sends an email to all the clients who have their birthday on their birthday. The spreadsheet has Name, Email Address and Date of Birth.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

Serbay
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Simmo86
You can write a script that creates a table from plain data. Then you can use excel actions to iterate between rows to get the required data.
Even the solution can be done only using a single script as well. It may be faster and contains fewer API calls for each flow run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,095)