Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting only a single row from an Excel table

Greetings!

I'm currently facing a progress stopper on my first Flow for my team. The main objective is, to get only one single row from any new Excel sheet, inserted into a previously specified folder in my Sharepoint folder.

Right now, the Flow recognizes when i upload a fresh file, but it fails to get any row from it, see pictures below:

error messageerror messagecurrent config as a trycurrent config as a try

According to my current understanding, as of how the Get a row works, you will point to one cell in the given table, then the rest of the row will be copied. - please correct me, if i'm mistaken

The whole Flow is currently made of only 1 trigger and 2 steps:

the whole Flowthe whole Flow

Any idea, or improvement suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Getting only a single row from an Excel table

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to specify a Excel file within the "Get a row" action of Excel Online (Business) connector using dynamic content from the trigger?

The error message told that there is something wrong with the input parameters that you specified within the "Get a row" action. Specifying a file using Dynamic content (On your side, it is File Content dynamic content) is not supported in the "Get a row" action of Excel Online (Business) connector within Microsoft Flow currently, we could only specify a file through File Browser.

If you want to get a single one row from the new created Excel file (created in your SharePoint library)  using Dynamic content with the "Get a row" action of Excel Online (Business) connector, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting only a single row from an Excel table

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Yes, i was looking for that solution, for a handover automatization.

If it is not yet possible, then i will definetly use the provided link to suggest this as a new feature in the future!

Many thanks for your help,

and have a nice day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,869)