cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masor
Level: Powered On

Getting respondents Name from Microsoft Forms into Flows

Is it possible to get the (dynamic) name of de respondents from FORMS in flow?

I can only seen respondents e-mail adres in the dynamic fields.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting respondents Name from Microsoft Forms into Flows

Hi @Masor,

As you noticed, currently it is only available to get the respondents E-mail Address.

For Emails within your own organization, you could take use of Office 365 Users Action to get the User Profile, then use the Name field provided there.

But for the respondents who are outside your organization, there is no proper way to get the UserName, as the only available data that could be obtained from the Form response is restricted to the Emails.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Tugel

You can use the action "Get User Profile (V2)" from "Office 365 Users". In the field "User (UPN)" you insert the dynamic field "Responder's Email".

After this you can use the fields from the "Get User Profile (V2)". This includes for example the "Display Name", which is the name of person corresponding to the email adress of the responder.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Masor,

As you noticed, currently it is only available to get the respondents E-mail Address.

For Emails within your own organization, you could take use of Office 365 Users Action to get the User Profile, then use the Name field provided there.

But for the respondents who are outside your organization, there is no proper way to get the UserName, as the only available data that could be obtained from the Form response is restricted to the Emails.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SeanB
Level: Power Up

Thanks for this Michael. I am faced with the same challenge. Could you please help explain the steps for "take use of Office 365 Users Action to get the User Profile, then use the Name field provided there." in some more detail. This would help me greatly. 

Thanks,

Sean

Tugel

You can use the action "Get User Profile (V2)" from "Office 365 Users". In the field "User (UPN)" you insert the dynamic field "Responder's Email".

After this you can use the fields from the "Get User Profile (V2)". This includes for example the "Display Name", which is the name of person corresponding to the email adress of the responder.

zoidberg

Why would you use "Get User Profile" when "Get my profile (V2)" is available?
That doesn't need the UPN or Responder's email, wouldn't it automatically get the profile of the current user?

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/resources/user#properties

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365users/#myprofile_v2

EDIT:
Thanks Tugel, you are absolutely correct - Get My Profile doesn't work. I confirmed by testing it too.

"Current User" in the documentation is ambiguous in my opinion. I would think it means the currently executing user, whereas they mean the design time user. I can't imagine what property of the Flow developer's information could be needed in a flow that he doesn't already know at design time.

Highlighted
Tugel

Hi zoidberg,

I just test your sugestion, unfortunately it does not work. I receive my own user profile regardless of the user that answeres my Microsoft Forms.

Therefore to get the user profile of the user that answered the Microsoft Forms, "Get user profile (V2)" has to be used and the UPN is required in "Get user profile (V2)".

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,425)