cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaoMJ
Frequent Visitor

Getting the Assigned User ID Name

I want to get the name of the person the task is assigned to. How can I do that for only the filtered tasks? This is what I currently have and it works except I get the "Assigned to Name" multiple time rather than once.

CaoMJ_1-1601413071953.png

CaoMJ_2-1601413086397.png

I think I'm supposed to move the Get user profile step to after the filter but I can't seem to get the Assigned to User IS from the Filter Array 2. 

CaoMJ_0-1601412879242.png

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@CaoMJ   A Planner Task can be assigned to multiple people hence the looping. When you say, how can I do that only the filtered tasks, what do you mean? Do you want to filter tasks from all tasks based on a condition? Something like below?

Like and mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

PrasadAthalye_0-1601425185119.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Ultimate I want a listing of overdue task & related assigned user name(s). I was able to filter out only the overdue task (yay!) When I run the test, I ended up getting.

Task                   User Name

Task Example     Fake Name, Fake Name, Fake Name, Fake Name

Fake Name got repeated multiple times. How do I just get 1 "Fake Name", which is associated to the Task? 

Is your task assigned to multiple people? I ran the same logic and ended up getting only 1 entry in string variable. If your task is assigned to multiple user, then inner loop must be running multiple times.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Nope, just 1 person. The same name popped up multiple time.

But I do other tasks completed / not yet over due assigned to that same person, so I think the loop is coming from there. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,545)