cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colbournescott
Level: Powered On

Getting the Sharepoint Document Location record associated with an Opportunity

In my flow I want to trigger on an opportunity being updated.

No problem.

Then I want to get the Document Location record for that opportunity.  I want this SharePoint folder so I can copy it somewhere else.

Just when I pick "get record" and choose the document location entity, I cannot use a field on the opportunity to find it?

Is the strategy I am proposing correct?

Do I need to instead list records for document locations?

flow error doc location.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Getting the Sharepoint Document Location record associated with an Opportunity

Hello,

Get record can only be used if you know the identifier. Usually the Identifier of the entity is the same name as the entity itself. For example: accounts entity identifier is Account.

That being said 2 things:

1) if you have the identifier for that entity, add a Compose action under the get record action and all the dynamic content will be available.

2) if you do not know the identifier use a List records action. Than use a Compose action under that to get the field you are looking for.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Getting the Sharepoint Document Location record associated with an Opportunity

Hello,

Get record can only be used if you know the identifier. Usually the Identifier of the entity is the same name as the entity itself. For example: accounts entity identifier is Account.

That being said 2 things:

1) if you have the identifier for that entity, add a Compose action under the get record action and all the dynamic content will be available.

2) if you do not know the identifier use a List records action. Than use a Compose action under that to get the field you are looking for.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,250)