Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
princz
Helper I
Helper I

Gmail attached to google drive

Hi All, 

Need advice, i am using a templet " save gmails to google drive" with this templet i am saving the email attachment to google drive, which is working perfectly fine. 

The only question is that the email i receive has PDF and excel files, i want to only have excel files saved in my google drive and ignore the pdf file. 

Can some advise how i can achive that.  

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 14.55.47.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@princz ,

since you already know the files to be replaced, are you able first to delete them in your google drive and then create new files?

Otherwise you can Update them.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BR,

Marco

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarconettiMarco
Super User
Super User

Hello @princz ,

before the "Create file" action, you should add a Condition in which check if the Attachment name with extension contains ".pdf".

If not, "Create file".

BR,

Marco

Hello @MarconettiMarco  i have created the condition as follows, which is working perfect, only creating excel file in my google drive, but now i am facing another issue where i am getting conflict because i have one of the excel file which always have same name, any advice on that ? job is going into error because of same file name.Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 14.11.16.png

Hello @princz ,

just to be sure, you could give a unique name to each google drive file created, like using the function "concat":

concat(utcNow(), '-AttachmentName')

BR,

Marco

princz
Helper I
Helper I

@MarconettiMarco changing the name is not gona help here.

let me explain. i am receiving an email from my third party vendor, who sending me excel file and pdfs which has  updated information ever-day. ever-day when i receive those file via email one or two file have same name but the data inside them is updated. 

What i am trying to achieve here is, once i receive the email with the files to move only excel file to my google shared drive and then i have an app script running in the background moving those file to specific shared drive for my colleagues.

@princz ,

since you already know the files to be replaced, are you able first to delete them in your google drive and then create new files?

Otherwise you can Update them.

BR,

Marco

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,946)