cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
_sayanghosh
Level: Powered On

Gmail to OneDrive attachments not saving custom filter!

Use case: When I get specific emails from people with attachments, I want to save those attachments to a specific folder in my personal OneDrive

Approach: I have started with the following public template and customising it. I want to filter the From field with a email ID from where the email comes, so not ALL attachments get stored in OneDrive as per my use case. The issue is I can put in an email ID and hit save. When I open the flow again, that email ID is gone. I feel I am doing something really wrong here? Any help will be great

https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/fbb18981201e45b08e44ccfb65879f...

While on this, some clarification on how the subject filter works will be great. Is it just the string, or do we need quotation marks? Can we use wildcards?

Screenshots

Flow before save.pngBefore hitting saveFlow after save, close and reopen.pngAfter save, close and reopening the flow

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
_sayanghosh

Re: Gmail to OneDrive attachments not saving custom filter!

OK, looks like I have found a solution. I ditched the template altogether and implemented the same trigger and action is a blank automated flow, and voila, I can save my email IDs and they get retained / used in action! So it is solved functionally, though I wonder why I cannot do it by editing the template!

View solution in original post

_sayanghosh

For anyone who stumbles upon this issue, all we need to do after typing or pasting in the email is to hit Enter! If we don't, flow doesn't acknowledge the input and it disappears. Doesn't have anything to do with the template. Pretty simple issue at the end!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @_sayanghosh ,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please make sure that you have added a existing email in the field and have saved the flow, and make a test on your side again to see if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

_sayanghosh

Hi @v-alzhan-msft , many thanks for such a quick initial response. I have just tried again now, and the issue persists. In fact, I can see that when I enter a from email, and then hit save, and then "Hide Advanced Option" the email address added on From field disappears!

Could I be using the wrong format? I am just using it like user@domain.com. Can you give a screenshot of your test flow? I noticed that it is doing a lookup as I type against my corporate AAD that backs the flow instance (or parent O365 instance) - but I am trying to use a consumer email ID here.

_sayanghosh

OK, looks like I have found a solution. I ditched the template altogether and implemented the same trigger and action is a blank automated flow, and voila, I can save my email IDs and they get retained / used in action! So it is solved functionally, though I wonder why I cannot do it by editing the template!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @_sayanghosh ,

Glad that your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

_sayanghosh

For anyone who stumbles upon this issue, all we need to do after typing or pasting in the email is to hit Enter! If we don't, flow doesn't acknowledge the input and it disappears. Doesn't have anything to do with the template. Pretty simple issue at the end!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,877)