cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Google Drive Trigger Workaround

I'm looking for a workaround to create a google drive trigger.

I had the following idea, but not sure if it's feasible.

1. Starting with a recurrence every 15 minutes
  2. Get file metadata using path from google drive
  3. Add conditional step using an expression saying if last modified time is less than 15 minutes ago to perform an action, otherwise terminate the flow (And this is the part that I'm having trouble with)

I think that something could be done using a formula with a date an time function that outputs a boolean value, but I haven't come up with anything that works yet.

I presume that google drive triggers will eventually be offered, and saw a few request in uservoice that I voted for.

I'm wondering if anyone has landed on something similar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Beulmoto ,

You could organize the ideas and specific scenarios you need for Google Drive and submit them to the Idea forum, which is easier to follow and adopt.

We would also recommend more users to vote on this idea.

Also, regarding your idea, it seems that we can rely on the current feature to configure a similar Flow.

I have created a similar Flow according to your description here, you could use it as a reference.

Expression reference:

formatDateTime(body('Get_file_metadata_using_path')?['LastModified'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')
addMinutes(utcNow(),-15)

Image reference:20.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Beulmoto ,

You could organize the ideas and specific scenarios you need for Google Drive and submit them to the Idea forum, which is easier to follow and adopt.

We would also recommend more users to vote on this idea.

Also, regarding your idea, it seems that we can rely on the current feature to configure a similar Flow.

I have created a similar Flow according to your description here, you could use it as a reference.

Expression reference:

formatDateTime(body('Get_file_metadata_using_path')?['LastModified'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')
addMinutes(utcNow(),-15)

Image reference:20.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,027)