cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grant external user edit access to SharePoint folder.

I have a flow in which when an external user send an email we will create a new folder on SharePoint and then grant edit access to user so they can upload files.
I have created the flow which creates the folder but how to grant access to users I can not figure out.

unaseerb_0-1619252049583.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to grant edit access to external users while receiving new email. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

We can use ‘Grant access to an item or a folder’ action to achieve your purpose.

v-duann-msft_0-1619408028472.png

Once tested, I’m able to create new folder and assign it’s permission to external user.

v-duann-msft_1-1619408028475.png

v-duann-msft_2-1619408028477.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#grant-access-to-an-item-or-a-folder

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to grant edit access to external users while receiving new email. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

We can use ‘Grant access to an item or a folder’ action to achieve your purpose.

v-duann-msft_0-1619408028472.png

Once tested, I’m able to create new folder and assign it’s permission to external user.

v-duann-msft_1-1619408028475.png

v-duann-msft_2-1619408028477.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#grant-access-to-an-item-or-a-folder

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-duann-msft 

Thanks it worked. One more thing I want to send the link to the created folder to the external user in a customized email. Also once the files are uploaded to the created folder I need to send email notification to a user.
How can I do this?

chaule
Frequent Visitor

I tried this and it worked for existing users but not new external users.  Any ideas why?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,665)