cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Greater than and less than condition requirement

Currently I have a MS Form where questions are answered on a 1-5 rating scale. I am looking to build a simple flow whereby answers that are greater than 3 are viewed as positive and delivered a certain email, and those that are less than or equal to 3 are negative. 

I am sure that this is a simple flow, but any advice on how to set this up would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Everything MS Forms sends into Power Automate is in a 'string' format. If you want to compare it with a number, you must convert one side of the condition, either the data from the Forms into a number or the right side of the condition into string. The easiest way is to put ' ' around the number to convert it into a string.

image.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@jpalser ,

I would suggest creating a Flow that uses a MS Forms Trigger and then uses the Condition action block to test if the response of a given question is less than 4, then you can use the "Yes" branch to send the desired email.

If you need help with a specific piece of a flow that you're building, be sure to ask after first attempting to make it work on your own.

thanks,

Kyle

Highlighted

This should work,

MicrosoftPAUsr5_0-1603730215931.png

Highlighted

Hi Kyle,

Currently i have set up the following:

jpalser_0-1603730141920.png

However that is bringing up this error message:

jpalser_1-1603730230692.png

Thanks very much

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@jpalser ,

insert a "Compose" action block after "Get Response Details" and pass in the dynamic content that you're trying to evaluate in the Condition. This will return the value of that content.

In order for the "greater than" condition to be evaluated, both of the parameters need to be the same data type, and it looks like PA is saying that dynamic content is a string while "3" is an integer. Determining what the value of the other parameter is will inform us on how to proceed.

thanks,

Kyle

Highlighted

Everything MS Forms sends into Power Automate is in a 'string' format. If you want to compare it with a number, you must convert one side of the condition, either the data from the Forms into a number or the right side of the condition into string. The easiest way is to put ' ' around the number to convert it into a string.

image.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,886)