cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greater than and less than condition requirement

Currently I have a MS Form where questions are answered on a 1-5 rating scale. I am looking to build a simple flow whereby answers that are greater than 3 are viewed as positive and delivered a certain email, and those that are less than or equal to 3 are negative. 

I am sure that this is a simple flow, but any advice on how to set this up would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Everything MS Forms sends into Power Automate is in a 'string' format. If you want to compare it with a number, you must convert one side of the condition, either the data from the Forms into a number or the right side of the condition into string. The easiest way is to put ' ' around the number to convert it into a string.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdavis91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous ,

I would suggest creating a Flow that uses a MS Forms Trigger and then uses the Condition action block to test if the response of a given question is less than 4, then you can use the "Yes" branch to send the desired email.

If you need help with a specific piece of a flow that you're building, be sure to ask after first attempting to make it work on your own.

thanks,

Kyle

Anonymous
Not applicable

This should work,

MicrosoftPAUsr5_0-1603730215931.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kyle,

Currently i have set up the following:

jpalser_0-1603730141920.png

However that is bringing up this error message:

jpalser_1-1603730230692.png

Thanks very much

kdavis91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous ,

insert a "Compose" action block after "Get Response Details" and pass in the dynamic content that you're trying to evaluate in the Condition. This will return the value of that content.

In order for the "greater than" condition to be evaluated, both of the parameters need to be the same data type, and it looks like PA is saying that dynamic content is a string while "3" is an integer. Determining what the value of the other parameter is will inform us on how to proceed.

thanks,

Kyle

Everything MS Forms sends into Power Automate is in a 'string' format. If you want to compare it with a number, you must convert one side of the condition, either the data from the Forms into a number or the right side of the condition into string. The easiest way is to put ' ' around the number to convert it into a string.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,315)