cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZionLion
Regular Visitor

Greyed out Condition on my Flow

Hi community! Im very new still trying to figure out power automate on my own. The project I have is to take emails received and transfer the email information to a SharePoint list but there should be only one item created for each unique email address.

So, what I'm trying to achieve at this stage is for my flow to detect if the item with that email address exist on my list already if it does update the item where the necessary information will be updated/appended, this part works fine (at the right of the condition). But for the condition where N equals to 0 which means there isn't any item created my "Create item" is greying out and the item isn't being created. I read two or three other threads about it telling me to check the source or saying other things I didn't really understood or could emulate to fix this. I would appreciate your input on my case because I don't understand what's going on specially when one part of the condition is working so the source seems fine?

Thank you.

1.png2.png3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-dezhili-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ZionLion ,

If you want to create new item when the email address is not in your SharePoint list, you don't have to use the Apply to each action again.

I have a test for your reference.
In my scenario, I want to save emails with different subjects, and update the SharePoint list when I receive emails with the same subject.

vdezhilimsft_0-1670563545013.png

vdezhilimsft_1-1670563545014.png

vdezhilimsft_2-1670563545015.png

vdezhilimsft_3-1670563545016.png

vdezhilimsft_4-1670563545018.png

Best Regards,

Dezhi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-dezhili-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ZionLion ,

If you want to create new item when the email address is not in your SharePoint list, you don't have to use the Apply to each action again.

I have a test for your reference.
In my scenario, I want to save emails with different subjects, and update the SharePoint list when I receive emails with the same subject.

vdezhilimsft_0-1670563545013.png

vdezhilimsft_1-1670563545014.png

vdezhilimsft_2-1670563545015.png

vdezhilimsft_3-1670563545016.png

vdezhilimsft_4-1670563545018.png

Best Regards,

Dezhi

ZionLion
Regular Visitor

Oh yes I structured the "Get Items" filter query exactly as you did (but instead comparing: Title eq '[From]'), even though I forgot to show it. Your solution worked! for some reason the flow was "applying to each" automatically when I would use "Create item" but I manage to delete it and make it again and it worked. Also thank you for simplifying the part I was using a variable since it was not working when I tried to compare the previous results directly. Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,026)