Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

GroupBy and Count

q7.jpg

Above is my SharePoint list. It's daily entry of candidate who are taking training with us. Daily sessions happens. And for every session attendance is recorded for candidate through choice column of SharePoint.

My Requirement:

Create a flow that will go through the above list and count how many times candidate was absent. There is another list called absent count. If candidate name is not in that list it creates the entry if it is there then just update the absent count. So in that list i have candidate names and how many days they were absent.

PS: This is one time operation so manual trigger is fine.

q8.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri,

One approach could be to just create a list view. This way you will get total absent number per Name in a view on the list itself. 

1. Filter on presence is No

customview_filterbypresence.png

2. Group By Name and use a Totals > count

groupbyname_count.png

If the view isn't sufficient you can retrieve those values with a Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action by using the RenderListDataAsStream method. Let me know if you need any help with that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri,

Just to double check.

Both the registration of the candidate and the presence/absence of a candidate are registered in the same Training_Days list? In other words, the Presence value would be set to no if the candidate is absent?

Yeas data is like this:

NamePresence
JohnNo
JohnYes
JaneNo
JaneNo

And i want to store it in another list like this:

NamePresence
John1
Jane2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri,

One approach could be to just create a list view. This way you will get total absent number per Name in a view on the list itself. 

1. Filter on presence is No

customview_filterbypresence.png

2. Group By Name and use a Totals > count

groupbyname_count.png

If the view isn't sufficient you can retrieve those values with a Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action by using the RenderListDataAsStream method. Let me know if you need any help with that.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,830)