cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Groups and Libraries as Owners Not Working

I have created a Flow that is designed to change a Complete column from 'No' to 'Yes' whenever someone clicks a button next to the document that says 'Mark Complete.'

The Flow works flawlessly... as long as the individual user is listed as an owner. If the user is part of a group and/or a library that's listed as an owner, it doesn't work at all. Does the Group and LIbrary as Owner function just not work the way it's supposed to or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Here's the basic flow sequence:

For a Selected Item (Retreat Documents Library) > Get Item (Retreat Documents Library) > Update File Properties (Complete = Yes)

The button is based on the code described by Laura Rogers for the "Get Approved" button (see link below).

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Groups and Libraries as Owners Not Working

Hi @Brian-Hamilton,

Thanks for feedback.

It seems that the issue could be reproduced by me. When the flow is shared with individual user as owner, it could be triggered when the user selecting the file/item. However, when the flow is shared with group or SharePoint list/library, it won’t appear on the SharePoint site when users selecting the file/item.

From the doc we know that flows that use SharePoint lists or libraries can be shared with those lists or libraries. This means that you can add a list as co-owner or as a run-only user.

I will help confirm it on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,774)