cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BSacchini
Frequent Visitor

HELP BUILDING FLOW TO RECORD FORM RESPONSES THAT HAVE ATTACHMENTS

Hello, I am trying to set up a flow where I can get a specific form response and record all the answers automatically into a sharepoint list. 

So far I have been susccesful in having answer recorded into my lists columns, however I am having some trouble attaching to each list item documents uploaded to the form. The weird thing is that it sometimes works and generates the attachment to the item and sometimes it just does not work ant the item is created w/o attachment.

My Flow is structured as you can see below:

image.pngimage.png

The schema for the Parse JSON action is the one below:

image.png

The problem arises (sometimes but not all the time) in the step "apply to each 2" specifically in the action "Get file content using path". I dont really know why. 

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
ham
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

1. Where is your uploaded files getting saved when the form is submitted.

2. Have you set a size limit for the files.

3. Can you check if the files are available on the location which you are specifying on the get file content using path step.

4. Check the flow run history to know if there are any errors.

Suggestion to try : Remove the Apply to each condition and add the Get File Content using Path action after Parse Json.

Best Regards,

Harish M

Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums

BSacchini
Frequent Visitor

Hello Harish, thanks. 

to your questions: 

1) they are getting saved into a path App/forms/list name/question folder within the team site where the form belongs.

2) there is a file size limit in the form (100 mb). The files uploaded when the flow runs w/o error as well as when it runs with errors do not exceed this limit.

3) yes. I actually check to see if files are available in the path and they are.

4) the flow run history has errors and successful runs. The error, when it shows, is always at the the “get file using path” step.

regarding your suggestion, I’ll try removing the apply to each to see if it solves my problem. Although I understood such condition was needed in case there where more than 2 files been uploaded in the form.

any other suggestion?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (39,985)