cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VikkiMiddleton

HELP! Building a flow - send automated email

Hi everyone,

I am really hoping someone can help me on this as I have been working on it for ages now.

I have a SharePoint document library (not list) called Contracts Database, within here I have a StartDate and Duration(months). I then have another two columns which are calculated values based on the StartDate and Duration which are EndDate and ReviewDate. EndDate is calculated from the StartDate and duration, the ReviewDate is then 60days before the EndDate. This library is using document sets for each contract and each contract has a ContractManager.

So that is the basics out the way and this is the flow I need...

Basically I need an automated email sent to the ContractManager when the ReviewDate is less than and equals to today. I can get this working when I have no fancy links to the item within the email body, like so:

Recurrence set to run every Monday at 10am.

Get files (Properties only) set to the specific site and specific library

Apply to each with a condition that if ContractReview is less than or equals to utcNow()

If Yes > Send an email notification (V3) > to 'me' > subject 'test' > body 'test'

This works but...

As soon as I put links in the email body such as; Subject 'Contract due for review (Dynamic content 'Name')' it stops the flow from working. I have even tried just adding a link to the contract within the body of the email but fails again. Not sure what I am missing. Is it because they are document sets and not files maybe?

1 REPLY 1
RaashiSen
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @VikkiMiddleton ,

I understand the issue, have you tried using 'Office 365 for outlook' connector - Send an email action?

I believe by adding link or dynamic values in this connector's action should work for you.

Let us know if that works 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,050)